What Are My Personal Injury Rights?
DeShaw Trial Lawyer attorneys manage all aspects of your insurance claim and/or personal injury case, so you can concentrate on what’s really important: recovering from your injuries. Please note: While the following list is specific to auto and truck collision cases, which form the bulk of our practice, the list can generally apply to all other types of cases handled by the firm.
Five promises DeShaw Trial Lawyers makes to every personal injury client:
- 1. We will keep you fully informed about your personal injury case and return calls promptly.
- 2. We will work with you to represent your interests with integrity and fairness.
- 3. We will never waste your money on unnecessary expenses, testing, or treatment.
- 4. We will always give you candid advice concerning your case.
- 5. We will never charge you for an initial consultation.
At our firm, we're here to help.
- Cease communication from the insurance companies to you: from now on, you deal with us, not adjustors trained in pressure tactics.
- Make sure that all of your injuries are being properly evaluated and treated by competent professionals. Of course this is not to say we would ever steer you away from a doctor you are comfortable with, or recommend any unnecessary testing or treatment.
- Manage all paper related to your personal injury case, so you don’t have to. As part of our ongoing effort to maximize efficiency and minimize our firm’s environmental footprint, all incoming documents are scanned, creating an organized and comprehensive digital file to complement a well-organized physical file. All expenses on your file are meticulously documented, and clients are free to inspect their physical or digital files at any time.
- Obtain ALL of your personal injury and collision-related medical records, ideally once you become medically stationary following your collision. By carefully managing all of your personal injury-related medical records and associated billings, we make sure that we have all sources of documentation for your injuries, as well as all of the expenses incurred by that care.
- Create a comprehensive package known as a personal injury “demand,” and present it to the at-fault driver, their insurance company, and/or your own insurance company (e.g. if you are injured by an Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist). The demand package outlines all of your personal injuries, as well as all of your economic and non-economic damages related to your collision. Whenever we can, we determine responsible figures for your future needs related to this collision, so we can obtain that compensation as well: after all, settlements/verdicts/arbitration awards are final and cannot be reopened later if new, unexpected expenses are incurred.
- Negotiate on your behalf. With the demand package as an anchor point, we do our best to work with the financially responsible party in your personal injury case to achieve an outcome that you consider fair. We will never accept or decline an offer without consulting you, and we will never pressure you to accept an unfair settlement. If we reach an agreement:
- Navigate the post-settlement time. Quite often, there are a number of entities that are required by law to be paid back from your settlement. These might include your own insurance carrier for PIP benefits, various providers you saw after PIP benefits expired, or health insurers who paid personal injury treatment on your behalf. We make sure those entities a) actually have a claim on your settlement, b) are billing only the amount they are entitled to and no more, and c) assure they are paid properly, leaving you with no further legal obligations to them.
- Make a demand for arbitration, or file a personal injury lawsuit, whichever is appropriate in your case, if we are unable to settle your claim fairly otherwise.
- Fully explain every step of the personal injury litigation/arbitration process to minimize confusion, apprehension and stress.
- Competently execute your trial or arbitration using the most advanced and effective persuasive techniques.
How can I get help?
For more information, please contact us or call our office at 866.THE.FIRM (866.843.3476) for a free consultation.